2012年5月12日星期六

What I Wore Pattern Play

WhatIWore:

When:
October 12, 2009

What:
Jacket: Vintage, thrifted
Blouse: thrifted
Necklace: ModCloth
Skirt: thrifted, hemmed
Tights: Betsey Johnson, gift
Shoes: thrifted
Bag: Heirloom (from my grandma Schroeder)

Where:
Manicure down the street, later a dinner date with Adam

Why:
I know a lot of you are gonna be all like “WTF is she wearing?!?” in this one, which is fine. But I LOVE THIS OUTFIT.  First off, with the exception of the necklace and tights, everything is thrifted, which just goes to show you that wearing secondhand clothes can look great!

For starters I was totally channeling Kelly when I put this one together (she may or may not approve!) What I love most about this outfit is the pattern play - the jacket (which has a matching dress as well) has super wide cut and sew horiztonal stripes, then the blouse is a liberty print in the same color scheme. Finally, the skirt is just black with some metallic thin gold stripes.  Its like none of these things were supposed to work, but for some reason they do.  This is also a case where hosiery was left simple black and I think it really works.

I know a lot of you will think “not for me!” but does anyone actually like this outfit?

没有评论:

发表评论