2012年6月1日星期五

Guerlain Perles de Nuit Meteorites Review, Photos, Swatches


Guerlain Perles de Nuit Meteorites

The Glossover

Guerlain Perles de Nuit Meteorites ($56.00 for 1.05 oz.) is a limited edition highlighter that uses a mix of “pearls” in five different shades to “correct, illuminate, and even out the skin.” The mix contains pink “to capture light,” white to “illuminate the complexion Coach Factory Outlet Online,” gold to “reflect light,” orange to “boost radiance,” and silver to “add shimmer without whitening the skin.”

First, it’s pinker than Parure de Nuit; it has more of a pale, pinky-white powder (overall) compared to the peachy-beige of Parure de Nuit. Second, it isn’t capable of blushing to the extent (or with the same color) as Parure de Nuit, so they are different products.  Guerlain collectors will reach for both, but if you’re merely looking for a good highlighter from the holiday collection, I’d still go for Parure de Nuit. It looks a fraction better on the skin than Perles de Nuit, plus–depending on your skin–it may work as a blush, too. Meteorites are gorgeous and very fancy, but they can be messier. The packaging of Parure de Nuit is more sophisticated and luxe and has a mirror. All in all, between the two, Parure de Nuit edges out Perles de Nuit.

Perles de Nuit is packaged in a blue-teal tin with all of the signature detailing of Guerlain. I’m so glad they upgraded from cardboard packaging, because the tin feels so much better. Inside, there’s a black sponge, and honestly, I don’t remember sponges but poufs from previous Meteorites’ releases. I didn’t care for the sponge; it’s rather floppy, so it took some maneuvering to pop it out of the container. I don’t think it works as an applicator (I’m not even sure it’s supposed to be one). I prefer a a tapered brush for application though (something like MAC’s 165 works well for me).

Guerlain Holiday 2011: Perles de Nuit Meteorites

Meteorites impart little to no color but yield shimmer and/or sheen, which is what Perles de Nuit does. There is a faint pink coloring once it is applied to my cheeks, but it is very, very faint. It gives a soft sheen with a dusting of silvery micro-shimmer. It does remind me of last year’s holiday meteorites, though, and I suspect is also similar to the Rose Tint Meteorites. Perles de Nuit wears eight hours on me without losing its luster (literally!) but the effect is understated. If you like larger shimmer or really intense highlighters, you’ll find this too subdued. The pores on my cheeks are larger than they are elsewhere, so I find the finer shimmer more flattering.

没有评论:

发表评论